JOHN STRAHAN FIREHOUSE (CORLEY STATION 1)
The John Strahan Firehouse is the main fire station for the Corley-Mtn. Rural Fire Department located on 89 Community Center Rd. in Corley Community. Construction on the station began in November 2001 right after the fire department was incorporated. The groundbreaking was held on Saturday, November 10, 2001. Members of the community and volunteers of the fire department worked on the station to help build it. The station was finally complete by early summer in 2002. On Sunday, July 29, 2007, the station was dedicated to John Strahan and therefore the Corley Fire Station 1 became known as the John Strahan Firehouse. John Strahan was the first Fire Chief of the Corley-Mtn. Rural Fire Department and played a big role in getting the organization started and up and running. The John Strahan Firehouse houses five trucks including 1801, 1805, 1806, Tanker 1, and Engine 1. The station also has a small office.